Mission & Vision
Our team of professionals will provide our residents and business community with the highest quality services in a fiscally responsible manner through cooperation, strong ethical leadership with a lifelong commitment to enriching lives.
We are a community that celebrates our heritage and diversity while cultivating civic P.R.I.D.E; we found our heartbeat in the “Heart of Florida”…come find yours.
Core Fundamental Principles
Professionalism, Responsiveness, Integrity, Diversity and Ethics (P.R.I.D.E.)
- Communications: Enhance and promote communications and engagement opportunities that inform, build trust, incentivize growth and generate community pride.
- Economic: Foster an environment that attracts economic opportunity and sustains economic viability.
- Environmental: Protect our natural amenities by encouraging proactive environmental initiatives intended to safeguard our natural resources.
- Financial: Develop and maintain fiscal policies based on program and performance measures while engaging community involvement.
- Infrastructure: Maintain, protect and design infrastructure that ensures a desired level of service and provides for future needs.
- Personnel: Cultivate an environment that will attract, retain and recognize city employees as the organization’s most valuable resource.
- Partnership: Encourage public and private partnerships
- Quality of Life: Create an environment that enhances the quality of life and benefits the community culturally, recreationally and economically.
- Safety: Provide responsive public services that protect the health, welfare and safety of the community.
- Technology: Utilize technology to enhance public services.